MGP Summer Program
NOTES FOR JULY:
WEEK JULY 10TH: Halloween week. Children can wear costumes everyday. Please no costumes on fieldtrip days or put in book bag. WE will be doing Halloween crafts, eating Halloween foods, and bobbing for apples. Learning about where Halloween came from etc… We also will be decorating apples and finding new ways of eating and cooking them.
- Tuesday (field trip to American Elite). $10.00 cost Schoolage and pre-k only
- Wednesday (Field trip to Stonehedge) $ 10.00 cost will cover bowling, bus transportation, and lunch at bowling alley. School age and pre-k only
WEEK JULY 17TH: Thanksgiving week. Learning about Indians and Pilgrims. Making Indian tribes and habitats. Learning the traditional foods and pilgrim heritage. DINNER made by the children and served by them on THURSDAY, JULY 20TH. Families when picking up their children can come in and have dinner served by them and dine with them. We will be serving turkey, mashed potatoes, fresh corn, veggie bowls, and rolls. Desserts made by children also. The older children will be in costume and have all their Indian homes/artwork on display. The preschool and pre-k will also have their artwork on display for families to see.
- Monday 17th: American Elite comes to our school and works out with the children outside ALL CHILDREN
- Wed 19th: Pump it up/leave at 9:15 sharp. Wear your t-shirts and socks. No lunch for children going on the field trip only. Schoolage and pre-k only
- Thur 20th: All children will be provided a Thanksgiving Dinner with their families anytime after 4:00-6. Children will display their artwork and parents that pick up their children can park and come in and have dinner. Foods prepared by teachers and dessert and corn provided by students. ALL CHILDREN
WEEK JULY 24TH: Christmas week. Children will be pulling names from their classes and doing gift exchange. (Gifts under $ 5.00.) They can bring gifts any day that week. Candy houses, decorating classroom and tree etc… Santa visits on Wed and Thursday.
- Monday 24th: (field trip to American Elite). $ 10.00 cost Schoolage and pre-k only
- wed 26th: (field trip bowling) $ 10.00 cost will cover bowling, trip, and lunch at bowling alley. Schoolage and pre-k only
- WED and THUR Santa visits and gift exchanges
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE! Thank you for sharing your amazing children with all of us. WE are having a fabulous summer 2017
Registration for SUMMER 2017 BEGINS on March 1, 2017. Please turn in your registration form with your $ 5.00 fee to hold the spot.
Our summer will be filled with tons of healthy fun!
- Fitness, fitness, and more fitness. Nutrition and eating good. Children will have opportunities each week not only to exercise but also have daily physical tasks that will not only challenge them but get them in fit for summer hiking and much more. We will begin our day with yoga and stretching activities and help children recognize their own strengths with their own endurance.
- Food: Cooking challenges each week using foods that do not need to be cooked. Creating fun and delicious salads, sandwiches, and snacks. Monthly dinners prepared by children and families invited after work. Chefs coming to the school and teaching children simple techniques they can use in the kitchen.
- Visitors: fitness experts, chefs, doctors, and health nutritionists visit to share their expertise on good health and exercise. American Elite professionals not only instructing at their gym but here as well.
- Field trips: Grocery store, parks (hiking), rock climbing, American Elite, bowling, train rides, restaurants, and much more.
- Summer Curriculum for allOur Summer focus is on Good Health and Exercise. We will also have topics each week that can relate to our focus or some that we can just have some fun with!
May 30- June 2 : we are beginning with some summer fun and just adjusting to the new schedule and routines.
June 5-9: will be our introduction week to Good health and exercise.
The 3’s and 4’s do not go on any field trips but we will have visitors coming in and we will be doing our own special exercising and games together. Father’s Day is at the end of this week so we will be making special cards and art for our dads!
June 12-16: Theme this week is sports⚽️🏀🏈⚾️🎾
June 19-23: vegetables are the theme this week! 🥗🥕🌽🥒🌶
June 26-30: we are learning about fruits this week 🍎🍋🍇🍉🍌🍓
July will be a fun month filled with holiday themes!
July 3-7 is Patriotic week 🇱🇷
10-14 is Halloween week/ making healthy desserts and fun crafts🎃
17-21: Thankful week/ turkey dishes this week and thanksgiving crafts🦃
24-28: Christmas in July! Crafts/stories/movies and surprise treats!🎄⛄️
Summer Program Tuition:
Registration Fee: $5.00/family
Half Day (up to 4.5 hours/day ): $15.00
Full Day (pick up by 5:30 pm): $35.00
- There is no discount for children picked up by 3:00 pm for summer enrollment.
- You do not pay for days your child does not come, however, if you don’t call them off by 8:00 am you will be charged for that day of attendance.
- After 5:30 late pick-up charges of $10.00 applied.
- You may not sign up for field trips only, we have limited space. Some field trips may be open to children not enrolled in the program and will be indicated as such. If a trip occurs on a day that your child is not scheduled, you cannot sign up unless it is indicated as an “open” trip. You must schedule for your child to attend in advance.
- If you have two or more children in this summer program, please just list the other name(s) under the area provided for birthdate etc.
- Only one registration fee per family is required.
- Field trips, special events, etc. are not included in tuition.
Click HERE to download the Summer Program Registration Form.
Click HERE to download the Summer Program schedule of events.
ALL TRIPS BEGIN AT 10:00 BUS LEAVES AT 9:15 SHARP
Field trips are for children going INTO Kindergarten in the fall of 2017 and all school age students. Children do NOT have to participate on the field trips. They may remain back at school with others in free art and play.
Wednesday, June 14 Stone Hedge Bowling (cost is 10.00 includes bowling, ride, and lunch)
Friday, June 17 Valley Vista Park (bring a paper bag lunch and tennis shoes for walking)
Monday, June 19 GO to American Elite (cost is $ 10.00) covers ride and gym for one hour
Friday, June 23 PUMP IT UP (cost is $ 10.00 includes 1 1/2 hour activity, lunch, and ride)
Tuesday, June 27 AMERICAN Elite visits us at 10:00 to exercise (paid by MGP)
Wednesday, June 28 – Sieberling NatureRealm (bring a packed lunch) cost is $ 10.00
Thursday, June 29 – Rocco’s Pizza (MGP PAYS FOR LUNCH FOR ALL CHILDREN) – we walk and have
a tour of the restaurant, learn about making pizza, and then have fun in the arcade while eating pizza
Friday, June 30 – Valley Vista (bring a paper bag lunch and tennis shoes for walking)
MONDAY AND TUESDAY JULY 3RD AND 4TH – CLOSED in observance of holiday
Friday, July 7 – Valley vista (bring a paper bag lunch and tennis shoes for walking)
Tuesday, July 11 – GO to American Elite (cost is $ 10.00) covers ride and gym for one hour
Wednesday, July 12 – Stonehedge (cost is $10.00 includes bowling, ride, and lunch)
Monday, July 17 – AMERICAN Elite visits us at 10:00 to exercise (paid by MGP)
Wednesday, July 19 – PUMP IT UP (cost is $ 10.00 includes 1 1/2 hour activity, lunch, and ride)
Friday, July 21 – Valley Vista (bring a paper bag lunch and tennis shoes for walking)
Monday, July 24 – GO TO American Elite (cost is $ 10.00) covers ride and gym for one hour
Wednesday, July 26 – Stonehedge (cost is $10.00 includes bowling, ride, and lunch)
Friday, July 28 – Valley Vista (bring a paper bag lunch and tennis shoes for walking)
Monday, July 31 – PUMP IT UP (cost is $ 10.00 includes 1 1/2 hour activity, lunch, and ride)
Tuesday, August 1 – AMERICAN Elite visits us at 10:00 to exercise (paid by MGP)
Tuesday, August 8 – GO TO American Elite (cost is $ 10.00) covers ride and gym for one hour
Wednesday, August 9 – Stonehedge (cost is $10.00 includes bowling, ride, and lunch)
Thursday, August 10 – Dr. Insecta visits US AT 10:30. Brings all types of Madagascar Insects and live bugs. Magic show included. (paid by MGP)
Monday, August 14 – GO TO American Elite (cost is $ 10.00) covers ride and gym for one hour
(GIANT EAGLE TRIP, ZOO, AND CHEF’S STILL WAITING TO CONFIRM VISITS HERE AND THERE)